Darren Murph (GitLab) - Why Companies Should Go All-Remote
This week on the podcast, we have Darren Murph, Head of Remote at GitLab, book author, and Guinness World Record holder! We talked about why GitLab uses “all-remote” to describe the company’s remote identity, how hybrid model remote teams can lead to anxiety and guilt, GitLab’s handbook-first approach, and why “story-telling ability” is essential in remote teams.
- How Darren got the rare title of “Head of Remote”
- Why GitLab choose “all-remote” as their company identity
- Why hybrid remote teams can lead to guilt and burnout
- Why “storytelling ability” is important in GitLab
- GitLab’s “handbook-first” approach
- Darren answering questions from Twitter