Claire Lew (Know Your Team) - How To Build Social Connections & Trust In Remote Teams
Today we have Claire Lew on the show! Claire is the founder and CEO of Know Your Team, software that helps you become a better leader for your company. We talked about building trust and social connections in a remote team, how you can be a better facilitator as a leader, and the role of empathy in a distributed team.
- 03:00 — The 3 pillars of good leadership and how Claire codified these
- 08:40 — Attributes of a good remote team leader
- 10:05 — The importance of “affective trust” in a team
- 16:10 — Can empathy be trained?
- 19:40 — Asking the right questions as a leader
- 29:50 — Claire’s thoughts on hybrid teams (half remote, half co-located)
- 34:11 — How can employees “manage up” better?
- Know Your Team
- The Heartbeat Podcast
- How To Build Social Connection in a remote team
- The Watercooler
- Wade Foster