Justin Mitchell (YAC Chat) - Using Voice to Bring "High-Resolution Communication" to Remote Teams
Today on the show, we have Justin Mitchell. Justin is the founder and CEO of YAC Chat, a voice collaboration tool for remote teams. He’s also a founder of SoFriendly, a software development company based in Florida. We're going to dive into how Justin got his first startup gig in high school, how YAC Chat got their traction via Product Hunt Maker's Festival, the importance of high-resolution communication in remote teams, and the role of voice in the future of remote work and everyday life . It was a fun chat with Justin. Hope you'll enjoy it too!
- 01:28 — How Justin got his first startup gig in high school
- 06:06 — What is YAC Chat?
- 07:46 — Why voice communications are better than written documents
- 12:44 — Using voice for async communication and clarity
- 26:33 — How YAC Chat launched via Product Hunt Maker’s Festival
- 33:29 — Why Silicon Valley companies are doing themselves a disservice by not hiring outside the valley
- 37:04 — Why remote work can create a ‘disconnect’ between the CEO and CTO
- 41:12 — Why high-resolution communication is crucial for remote startups
- 45:23 — The role of voice in the future of remote work and other aspects of daily life.
- 48:50 — Using voice communication to increase accessibility